A new Law on Official Statistics entered into force on 1 June 2018
- concepts clarified;
- principles of official statistics organisation more clearly defined;
- conditions for cooperation of institutions managing official statistics clarified, role of Statistics Lithuania in coordination of official statistics production strengthened;
- provisions of the Law harmonized with the European Statistics Code of Practice;
- extended functions of the official statistics producers;
- possibility for the official statistics producers to exchange statistical data;
- cooperation between the European Statistics System and European central banks more clearly defined.
Law on Statistics adopted in 1993 was valid until now.